The Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre (Oseredok) is one of North America’s largest and most unique Ukrainian cultural and heritage resource centre operating a museum, art gallery, library and archives, as well as a boutique. Oseredok is a non-profit heritage institution dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Ukrainian cultural heritage in Canada.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and operational duties ranging from basic clerical support to more complex functions in the areas of finance, office management, building and property, communication, programs and human resources to facilitate the delivery of the Centre’s programs and services in an effective and efficient manner. The Executive Assistant also oversees the operations of the boutique.
In addition to a minimum of two years administrative experience, preferably at the executive level, with some Board exposure in a non-profit environment, the ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker, open to new ideas, processes and applications, and possess the following:
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication (verbal & written) skills in both English and Ukrainian languages;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an environment with multiple and often changing priorities;
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Critical thinking capabilities that analyze information and use logic to address issues, problems and challenges;
- Intermediate level proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook with demonstrated proficiency with PowerPoint and PDF conversions;
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizations and applications of digital media including social media, websites and blogs;
- Previous minute taking and interpretation, with minimum typing speed 40 wpm, a definite asset.
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, this position offers a competitive salary range of $34,000 - $42,000. While the general hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9:00 a. m. to 5:00 p.m. this position requires scheduling flexibility that will include occasional evenings and weekends.
Interested, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter indicating salary expectations, and a resume by Monday, September 9, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org